Sunday, November 13, 2011

Tis' the Season to be Jolly! well... almost.


Hi you guys! I can't believe its almost been 3 months here. Didn't I just arrive??? However recently it's starting to become more real to me everyday. because.... I've found myself daydreaming of when I will be coming home! Crazy right?

I thought I'd let you get a glimpse of the bit of dialogue going on in my head:
"Will my bed be as good as I have been anticipating?"
"What will I eat first? Fresh Vegetables? Organic peanut butter?"
"I want to wake up early and drink tea made with a real tea kettle in a real teapot in a good ol' mug"
"Who will I make the effort to see first? what will I say to them about how my life has been going?"
"I want to have a bonfire and sing around the campfire with my friends"
"I will be running into the ocean no matter how 'cold' it is"
"I can't wait for the traditions...ahh so many traditions."
"When will I go thrift store shopping? oh i want to go thrift store shopping!"
"Which one do I miss more? Hot sauce or Unsalted butter?"

As you can see my mind has many important things to ponder. But when there are so many "What will I's" and "I can't wait's" it can be distracting. Distracting from what my activities are here and now, the people I am in contact everyday, and my energy from what truly matters at this point. No, I am not home. And No I won't go home till December. But, at least I know now I am ready to go home more than I ever was before. and Yes I will be looking forward to that hot sauce on my REAL eggs. I'm not one to really feel homesick and I'm still not really in that situation. But instead it's a realization that yes, I am indeed ready to face the home frontier once more. :) Can't wait to see you guys! and all that coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment